Skip to main content


Showing posts from January, 2022

It's all about the bee's knees - DIY Handmade Large Tote

It's all about the bee's knees - DIY Handmade Large Tote Whatabout ye folks, it's Lee here.  So I made another one of Debbie Shore's large tote bags...well, it has been a wee while since I last made one, lol. I've made so many now that I could probably sew them in my sleep, teehee.  Here's the link to the bag in case you want to have a go...  Debbie's Large Tote Bag . As usual, I made a few modifications which I'll share below.  I think this is the first one I've made where I didn't make many of my wee "Lee mistakes" as my wee Mamma affectionately calls them, lol.  This one is going to my Auntie Fiona, or Fifi as she's affectionately known.  She loves bees and this fabric was a dream to work with.  No issues at all. I wasn't sure which fabric Auntie Fifi would prefer as the main body so my Wee Mamma let me know that the Honey Yellow was the way to go.  The bag has a really good sized zip pocket on the outside. And both sides of

Handmade Artist Teddy Bears - PayItForward FreePattern

Handmade Artist Teddy Bears - PayItForward FreePattern What about ye folks, it's Lee here.  So, here I am to show you these 3 wee cuties.  I know they are all the same...well, they all look slightly different in their faces as they are handmade, lol.  Again, this is a free pattern from Lisa Pay from PayItForward on YouTube.  I did a few adaptions in that I made clothes for these wee bears as apposed to the cute wee poncho that Lisa made.  Please go over and have a look at Lisa's YouTube channel .  Her patterns are so delightful and her tutorials are second to none. Of course, as usual, I will put my shopping list below for as many of the items I used that I can remember, lol. These bears were a little different from the others I've tried from Lisa.  These artistic bears definitely felt like a more professional make, if that makes sense, lol. But they were actually incredibly easy to put together. These bears have cotter joints and articulating limbs.  So their little arms

Altered laundry basket

Altered laundry basket  This past Christmas, my wee Mamma wanted a new laundry basket.  She recently did a few bits and pieces in her bedroom and wanted something to go with her duck egg blue colour scheme and if I could find some way to fit butterflies into the theme too, that would be great.  Well, I searched and I searched and could not find anything that would go with that theme, at all.  So, I decided to jimmy rig and alter one myself, lol....not sure if that made it any better mind you, teehee. I bought this one on Amazon ( click link, if you want one, lol) as it had a removable fabric liner that I could add to. I then purchased this stunning Laura Ashley curtain fabric on Ebay.  It was just a 1/2 metre remnant but it was a perfect amount for what I needed.  Not only was it duck egg blue, but it had butterflies on it! On a piece of the scrap fabric left over, I decided to sew around one of the butterflies to make this little padded dangle butterfly to add to the front of the bas