Skip to main content


Handmade Laptop Bag - Lupin Laptop from Blue Calla Patterns

 Handmade Laptop Bag - Lupin Laptop from Blue Calla Patterns Whatabout ye folks, it's Lee here.  I am back again with another Blue Calla Pattern Bag.  This time I thought I would try my hand at making a laptop bag.  Early last Summer, my brother, Jamie (or Miwadi, as I affectionately call him) asked me could I make him a laptop bag for work. Being pretty new to bag making (and this is still the case today, teehee), I wasn't terribly confident about this request as I just didn't know where to begin or if there was even a pattern available on the world wide web for this type of bag.  However, at that stage, he did say that if I wanted to forget about the laptop bag and make his son, Alfie, a Buzz Lightyear Backpack , he'd go with that instead.  So, of course I made Alfie the backpack  as I had already made a few of those in the past.  But, I felt kinda bad that I didn't make Miwadi the laptop bag all because I wasn't confident enough to try to make one.  Well, fa
Recent posts

Bornonia Bag - Blue Calla Patterns - Handmade Tim Burton handbag/purse

 Bornonia Bag - Blue Calla Patterns - Handmade Tim Burton handbag/purse Whatabout ye folks, it's Lee here.  I realise that my blog may look like it's turning into a bag making blog, but I promise it isn't.....I'm going through a phase, teehee.  Maybe I should maybe think about making another blog for just my sewing projects.  But, I suppose, this is a crafting blog and I never like to stick to one thing only.  I like to learn tonnes of different crafts, it keeps things interesting. Anyway, I told you that I was making another one of the Blue Calla Patterns Boronia Bags .  I am a big Tim Burton fan and as soon as I saw this Tim Burton characters fabric on Craftyjam on Ebay, I knew I had to make a handbag from it.  Looks like the whole gang is here on this fabric, lol.  And the Boronia pattern is perfect because you actually don't need a massive length of the main body fabric at all. I only bought a 1/2 metre and I got all the pattern pieces needed with some to spa

Boronia Handbag - Handmade Nightmare Before Christmas Handbag/Purse

 Boronia Handbag - Handmade Nightmare Before Christmas Handbag/Purse Whatabout ye folks, it's Lee here.  Oh my good giddy Aunt, when I tell you I am obsessed with the Blue Calla Patterns Boronia Bag pattern...well.....I you'll see from me making another of these bags (and another one on the go, teehee).  I am so chuffed with this bag.  Again, it's not perfect.  But imperfection is swiftly becoming "my thing" lol.  The shape looks a wee bit dodgy at the top but that is only because I stuffed the bag with a cushion for the photos and clearly, I did not stuff it evenly teehee.   As is usual with pretty much everything I make, this bag is not for me, lol.  IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY, YIPPEEE!  But I made this bag for my wee sister, T who has loved the Nightmare Before Christmas movie since she was a wee one.  And to this day it is still one of her most favourite movies.  I'd say that she could recite the entire movie from start to finish. When I found

Handmade Scrunchies using Harry Potter fabrics

 HANDMADE SCRUNCHIES Whatabout ye folks, it's Lee here.  Look what's back in fashion!  Not that scrunchies ever were out of fashion for me hair is way passed my bum now so it's constantly wrap with scrunchies to keep me from strangling myself with my own hair, lol.  My 2 nieces turn 7 years old this month and next month and I wanted to make them some scrunchies for their birthday's.  Each of their hairdo's couldn't be more polar opposites, with one niece having blonde, shoulder length, Shirley Temple-like, corkscrew curls and the other has straight, brown/fair hair that goes way down her back.  But every wee girl loves scrunchies for their hair and if not in their hair, they love the wear them on their wrists as accessories. You can find any amount of tutorials on YouTube on how to make scrunchies, but they are a pretty easy make and I made a tonne of them in no time at all.  All you need is strips of fabric and elastic.  These would be such easy an

Handmade bowler style handbag/Purse - The Boronia Bag from Blue Calla Patterns

 Handmade bowler style handbag/Purse - The Boronia Bag from Blue Calla Patterns Whatabout ye folks, it's Lee here.  Back with another handmade bag following  Blue Calla Pattern .  This one is a bowler style bag, called the Boronia .  As usual, Celine's patterns are fantastic and her video tutorials are my life-line, lol.  I LOVE this bag!  This was meant to be just my tester bag as I hadn't made this pattern before....oh who am I kidding...everything I make is a tester as I am new to all this sewing stuff, teehee.  So, I was making this one really as a tester, but I just love how it turned out, that I had to share it. I love how wide the bag can open and how much space there is in it.  I am already planning on making a second one.  I have the fabrics picked out and all, teehee. I had previously made a large tote bag from this Sloth fabric last Christmas that I gave to my wee brother's girlfriend, Rose.  I loved the fabric design so much that I was lucky to find some m